Stunning Radiance:


Why Self Care Includes Skin Care

October of 2020 was a very important month for me. It was the month I finally started taking better care of my skin!

Did you know that only 20 percent of signs of aging are caused by actual “aging” and that the other 80 percent are caused by outside factors such as sun exposure, free radicals and pollutants?

Let that sink in.

For years, I thought that having healthy skin, simply meant washing it with any non drying soap cleanser daily and putting on whichever cream made it feel moisturized.

It’s not like I was completely neglecting my skin. My mom taught me the importance of cleansing and moisturizing-for that and much more-I’m very grateful to her.

The problem is that I was using over the counter products that did not fit my skin type and let’s just be real: You get what you pay for.

Finally into my early 40’s I discovered a product that was exactly what my skin needed. Although not “cheap” they are definitely affordable. In my honest opinion, I think they are worth more than what they retail for because they are that good.

Okay, okay, I’m getting to the point: I’m going to tell you about some of the products that worked for me.

First of all I must state my disclosure: I’m a big Mary Kay fan!

Yes, that’s right!

Now my mom used to be a Mary Kay Consultant back in “her day” so I was already familiar with them because she LOVED them. My mom would always get compliments about how she didn’t look her age at all and I thought it was genetics.

It was not genetics.

Now I get compliments about my skin all the time and I know for a fact: It’s not my genetics.

It’s my skin care. It’s all in the routines that I’ve learned to develop which are now a super breeze and are super quick!

Now that I’m in my “closer to” mid forties, I can’t count how many women have thought I was lying when I would tell them my age. They would swear that I was at least 10 years younger-and it always makes my day.

Not only that, but the sun damage that my face had from years of neglecting my skin-is almost 100 % repaired!

Trust me-It’s not genetics (no offense mom-you’re beautiful)

It’s my skin care.

So if aging is only 20 percent responsible for how old we look and 80 percent can be in our control to manage, than why not do it right?

Why not start in our 20’s when your skin already starts losing collagen every year?

Why not start even younger? Young is when you develop healthy life habits that last a lifetime.

Now if you’re reading this and you’ve already got sun damage and unwanted wrinkles, no need to panic. I have good news!

It’s not too late.

You can use a good repair line to correct the damage-that won’t break the bank. Isn’t that good news?

Okay so before I keep sounding like some kind of commercial I’ll keep speaking straight from my heart.

LOVE your skin. Care for your body. Treat it as God intended. Remember that your body is God’s temple-created perfectly by our creator and father in heaven.

Remember also that part of your self care routines NEED to include consistent skincare-so PLEASE take good care of your skin-you only get ONE!

All in all…

Whatever products you decide to use. Be sure to use proven ones-not cheap ones. Reliable ones-not ones that will stop working over time. Gentle ones-suitable for sensitive skin. If you’re an “all natural products” user, then even more power to you! You can check some of those out too-I love them!

Just make sure that you use those products that fit your unique skin care needs. If you ever need a little help deciding in this department, then no worries-I’m your girl! I love the products so much that I became an advanced skin care consultant with Mary Kay. I LOVE walking you through my own skin care journey.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: